Sensing Italy with Jan Cornall
The Create Escape has proudly collaborated with Jan Cornall, Sydney and Palazzo Donati to design this exciting creative writing retreat holiday in Italy for you.
You’ll spend 7 nights, 8 days in the charming medieval village of Mercatello sul Metauro, Pesaro/Urbino, Italy where you will immerse yourself in an extraordinary Italian village experience as you learn new ways to bring the senses into your writing and art making.
You may wish to discover a little about the connection of an ancient relative from 1300’s of our host in Mercatello and the great author of medieval times, Dante Algheri! Don’t worry the family has grown to be hugely supportive of the arts in more recent times.
- Take part in daily creativity workshops and readings with Jan that will guide you on how to turn your delicious indulgence into fine art.
- Get to know the locals and explore this beautiful medieval village at your doorstep.
- Take a cooking workshop.
- Visit local artists in and around our village.
- Explore the Unesco protected town of Urbino and the extraordinary Palazzo Ducale.
- Experience an outstanding banquet dinner or two cooked exclusively for us by local cooks who are passionate about local food, wine, music and good laughter
- Eat truly delicious local food. This area is a paradise of porcini mushrooms, tarfufi (nero and bianco), strozzapreti pasta (strangle the priest!), cheeses and local wines.
18 -25 June 2022